Sunday, March 5, 2017

March 5 – He Will Help Us

“I cried like a swift or thrush, I moaned like a mourning dove. My eyes grew weak as I looked to the heavens. I am being threatened; Lord, come to my aid!”  Isaiah 38:14 (NIV)

The words in this verse were recorded by the prophet Isaiah but were not his words. These are the words written by the King of Judah, King Hezekiah after he recovered from a very serious illness. We read these words today because there are times in our lives when our hearts are troubled by our circumstances. Our problems may not be as serious as King Hezekiah who had expected to die from his illness but sometimes they actually are that heavy on our hearts. However that might be we can turn to God. We can say and cry out as the Kind did, “I am being threatened; Lord, come to my aid.” Yes, my friend, whatever it is that might cause our minds and our hearts to be troubled and broken, we can turn to God for help. And as He helped the King of Judah, he will help us too according to His will as we rely on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.