Sunday, April 23, 2017

April 23 – His Delight, Our Support

“They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” Psalm 18:18-19

This is King David expressing his praise to God after he had just come through a trying experience. How did David describe what God did for him when he needed help? He said that the Lord was his support. The word “support” really means the action of holding something up from underneath. When we think of God supporting us we realize that He is holding us up as if we are completely in His care. When we encounter trials our God does hold us up and our verse reminds us that He does it because He loves us and is pleased to have us as His own. When He helps us we can say with the psalmist “He rescued me because He delighted in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.