Friday, February 17, 2017

February 17

“I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”” Lamentations 3:24 (NIV)

This is a wonderful and very comforting truth in today’s verse. Our God has made Himself available to us. We can depend on His response to us when we turn to Him. And this relationship is very personal. Our verse says that the Lord is our portion. He has made Himself available to us so that we can think of him as ours – as belonging to us. We have received our portion and that is all we need. When we think this way we are not presuming something. This is really not our idea originally. God originated this idea and He is the one who wants us to consider our relationship in that way. And, if that is true then we will look to Him expectantly. So let us say with the words of our verse what Jeremiah said, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.