Tuesday, February 2, 2016

February 2

“When your words came, I ate them. They were my joy and my heart’s delight, for I bear your name, O Lord God Almighty.” Jeremiah 15:16 (NIV)

When we hear God’s Word read or taught, wherever that might be, it is an opportunity that we should treasure just because it is God’s Word! Jeremiah says His words give us joy. As they give us joy we can accept them and make them a part of our lives. That’s what is meant when the prophet says “I ate them.” He made them a part of his thinking and He put them into practice. So when we hear God’s word preached or taught, let’s make them a part of our life. Accept them as Jeremiah did and they will be our joy and delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.