Saturday, January 23, 2016

January 23

“Find rest, O my soul, in God alone. My hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I will not be shaken.” Psalm 62:5-6 (NIV)

I’m impressed by the connection between the first and last words of these verses. David begins by speaking of finding rest for his soul – spiritual tranquility. And then he ends by saying, “I will not be shaken.” And in between he is talking about God. We find rest in God and that means an assurance that we are not to be shaken or disturbed. There will be things of a disturbing nature coming to us, but we will not be shaken if we are resting in God’s promises. They are like solid rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.