Wednesday, March 3, 2021

March 3 – Finding God in Job Part 1


“I loathe my life; I will give free utterance to my complaint; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.  I will say to God, Do not condemn me; let me know why you contend against me. ”  - Job 10:1-2 

“Then the Lord answered Job out of the whirlwind and said:  “Who is this that darkens counsel by words without knowledge? Dress for action like a man; I will question you, and you make it known to me.” – Job 38:1-3 (ESV)

Do any of us understand why we encounter trials in our lives as Christians?  When they come we all have a hasty conversation with God about them. We send up a few “why?” statements. The best place to learn is the book of Job. For a few days, we will take a brief and light look at Job. He asked God a few such questions and God’s answered eventually.  In the book of Job the Holy Spirit provides a clear lesson on God’s sovereignty. Job is put to the test as he experiences the most severe catastrophes and disasters to test his faith in God. God gave permission, with limits, to Satan to afflict Job. Satan claims Job will deny God. God says, Job will remain faithful.  In the account, Job lost nearly everything including his family other than his wife. Job asks, “God, let me know why you contend with me?” All of us would identify with Job’s question. God’s answer to Job is for us as well. For each of us who have encountered a devastating event, whatever it may be. It’s the question we might ask; “If God is God, then…why?”  He speaks to us.


198

The book of Job is not easy to read or to understand. When trying to grasp its truth as a whole, it seems nearly unreachable. Thanks to the daily devotional “All Up Words” by Max Lucado. Acknowledgement and thanks for some of these ideas is given to his words        https://maxlucado.com/listen/he-speaks-out-of-the-storm/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.