Friday, February 23, 2018

February 23 – Strength and Shield

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.” Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

This is David's testimony but it can also be our testimony as well. We have the same Lord that David had and we are made like he was too. It is with our hearts that we trust  our God. When we say that, we mean that it is with our inner beings that we rely on God who loves us. David said that when he trusted the Lord he was helped. We can think of this in two ways. When we put our trust in God we are helped because feelings of uncertainty go away. Our mental attitude changes. We are motivated to respond with praise as joy fills our hearts. But more important is the help that God provides directly when we trust Him. He acts in our behalf when we rely on Him. So we trust that your heart is trusting in the Lord and you have a heart that just wants to leap for joy. It begins with trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.