Saturday, June 3, 2017

June 3 – Convinced He is Able

“That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.” 2 Timothy 1:12  (NIV)

We remember that the Apostle Paul had a special encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus. This happened when he was still an enemy of Jesus and was hunting those who believed in and followed Him. But on that day he was changed and he began believing in Jesus and who He was.  When he wrote this letter to Timothy he was near the end of his life.  Paul said, “I know whom I have believed” for he had grown in his knowledge of Jesus and he said he was convinced that Jesus was able to bring him to a glorious future – he believed the promise God had given to him.  As we walk with our Lord Jesus  we can come to know Him better each day. We can be convinced that He is able to bring us through whatever we face just as Paul was convinced. Let's remember today and believe today and be convinced today that He is able.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.