Wednesday, April 5, 2017

April 5 – Remember the Deeds

“When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted.” Psalm 77:2 (NIV)
“Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago.” Psalm 77:10-11 (NIV)

We have selected two passages from Psalm 77 for today. The first verse reveals how the psalmist at first was wondering if God had forgotten or turned away from him.  That was how he felt and he speaks of seeking God for comfort which did not come. The few verses later he writes out what he knew to be true about God from past experiences.  Isn’t this a good prescription for all of us? Instead of thinking of difficulties which we might be facing at times, let’s remember what God has done in the past. We can read of His love and His faithfulness in the Bible and we can think of how He has helped us in the past when we have called out to him. I hope that in our personal lives we can all testify the same way the psalmist does in this last verse and we can also remember God’s deeds and miracles of long ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.