Thursday, October 13, 2016

October 13

“Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” Matthew 6:10 (NIV)

Two days ago we read the first words of the prayer Jesus taught His disciples to pray. Today we have another part of that prayer. These words should be our desire at all times. We recognize that in heaven God rules and His will is carried out. If we love Him we will want that His will be done on earth as well. God express this desire in our prayer is really more than a prayer. It must be a statement of our willingness to have God’s will done in our lives. It is a yielding of our own wills to His. So when I pray to God “your will be done on earth” I’m saying that “I want your will to be done in my life, not my will but yours.” I’m also saying, “Use me to accomplish your will here today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.