Sunday, May 29, 2016

May 29

“I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.”  Psalm 55:6 (NIV)
“As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me.”  Psalm 55:16 (NIV)

As we look at verse 6 is it not the way we feel sometimes? When the going gets rough, or things go against us we sometimes wish that we could get away from our problems. As the psalmist did we wish we could fly away to some peaceful place. The psalmist admits that he felt that way but he realized he couldn’t get away. So what did he do? Verse 16 gives us the answer. He could call to God and the Lord would save him. And so it is with us. We can’t get away, but we can call on the Lord. He responds and shows us the solution. He knows what is best for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.