Saturday, April 16, 2016

April 16

“I am the Lord, and there is no other. I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob’s descendants, ‘Seek me in vain.’ I, the Lord, speak the truth; I declare what is right.”  Isaiah 45:18b-19 (NIV)

I’m especially impressed by the words, “I have not said ‘Seek me in vain’”. God was saying to His people that He was not speaking from somewhere in the darkness. We know it is hard to find something in the dark. God does not invite His people to look for Him where He is hard to find. He calls us to Himself and He makes Himself open to be found. If we truly seek Him today, we will find Him. He will make His presence known. As He promised through the prophet Jeremiah, “You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” - Jeremiah 29:13 (NASB) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.