Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March 23

“Jesus commanded Peter, ‘Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?’”  John 18:11 (NIV)

During the final hours before Jesus died He made many important statements. Here He is speaking to Peter when He was being arrested in the Garden of Gethsemane. Jesus had just prayed to His Father asking that, if possible, He might not have to drink the cup. But He had also said, “Not what I will but what You will.” So when Peter tried to defend His Lord by fighting for Him, Jesus would have none of it.  He said, “Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?” I’m so glad Jesus obeyed the Father. There was no other way for us to escape eternal punishment for our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We do appreciate your honest comments, thank you. However we do not permit links or sales offer pitches of any kind in the comments. Comments with links and offers will not be approved and will be removed. Thank you.